September 23, 2009
I love this idea and am looking forward to trying it. Thanks for sharing it with us, Andrea!
September 8, 2009
As most people have heard, Sigg is offering to exchange bottles with the ‘old liner’ which was made with traces of BPA (the Canadian Government warns BPA is a risk for infants, young children and pregnant women, it is also a risk to the environment where it builds up in our waters and harms fish and other organisms – thanks, I’ll pass on BPA).
Movement to Health will exchange all the bottles with the old liner that we have in stock at the studio for the new BPA-Free bottles, and with the same shipment we will also send back any bottle that you purchased from the studio. Conact me email@example.com so we can arrange to have your bottle shipped with ours. I need your bottles before Sept 21. Note you may not get your bottle back with the same design!
Note that your bottle may be shipped with 50 others, if you prefer to have yours handled on it’s own, see below for the exchange procedure and to make sure you have the old liner in your bottle.
Note that Sigg maintains the trace of BPA do not leach into your water, but personally I don’t want to take the chance, so the exchange is voluntary and we have to pay to ship the bottles back to Toronto. Sigg will pay to ship them back to us.
For more information, here is an Ottawa Citizen Article by Joanne Chianello
How to return your old Sigg bottle
Since August 2008, Sigg bottles have been manufactured with the new BPA-free lining. But even if you purchased yours after that date, it may still have the old liner. Look inside your bottle: the liner with trace amounts of BPA will be a shiny copper colour, while the new “EcoCare” one is a matte yellow.
- Check with the store where you purchased your bottles — many retailers are exchanging the old Siggs for new ones (and absorbing the shipping fees as a service for their customers). – See my comment above for Movement to Health Returns…
- If you’re sending your old Siggs in yourself, go online to www.mysigg.com/liner. On the left-hand side, click on menu item “Exchange Program.”
- Near the bottom of the page are downloadable forms specifically for Canadian customers. You’ll need two: one is a shipping label, so that your bottles will get to the right part of the Sigg Canada warehouse. The second one is a return form for Canadian customers. Make sure you fill this out in full so that the company knows where to send your new bottles.
- This is not a recall, but a voluntary replacement program. The company is not offering refunds. And you’ll have to pay the postage for sending the old Siggs back to the company.
- The exchange program ends Oct. 31, 2009.
September 3, 2009
Just back from an amazing facial – wait not just a facial but an organic, out-of-this-world, blissful 60+ minutes of feeling totally pampered by Magdalena Tomczak the founder of Woman Divine - and here is her bio taken form the Woman Divine website.
“Magdalena is a holistic skin care therapist with a broad-based education in massage therapy, aromatherapy and nutrition. She has been practicing an organic approach to beauty since 1996.Believing there is much more to your face than a clear complexion, Magdalena creates unique facials which go beyond conventional beauty treatments.She is a promoter of “no fuss” organic skin care routines which are simple yet effective and believes the true answer to an attractive looking face lies in releasing tension from facial tissues.
Magdalena is definitely not a follower of the fear-based, anti-aging movement, which she suggests in its essence denies self-acceptance and the natural flow of life. Rather, she sees every stage of a woman’s life as an expression of beauty and a true cause for celebration.”
Magdalena uses Julique products, a certified organic and biodynamic skin care line and organic, wild-crafted essential oils – heavenly. During my facial Magdalena combined massage of face, shoulders and back, as well as a wonderful foot massage, a real treat for my runner’s feet (and I fell asleep!). Her first suggestion for my dry skin was not which products to purchase but to make sure I took lots of essential fatty acids, she said my skin would really appreciate it; so I poured a generous ‘glug’ of Udo’s oin in the smoothie I’m drinking right now! She also offered me samples of a cleanser that would work well for my ’sun-kissed’ summer skin and I purchased a nice rich moisturizer to keep my complexion looking like I just came from her Spa.
Magdalena, thank you so much for a wonderful experience, and Sylvie thank you for referring me to Woman Divine and the divine Magdalena!
Address:351 Churchill Ave. N. 2nd floor, Ottawa, ON K1Z 5B8 Telephone: 613 216 7676 E-mail:firstname.lastname@example.org