Post-Race Quinoa Salad
May 24, 2012
On Friday May 28 I will be on CTV Ottawa Morning for 2 segments relating to race weekend. At 9:25am I’ll be cooking up this delicious quinoa salad and 9:40am doing some post-race yoga poses with the CTV gang.
This quinoa salad is a great meal to have about one hour after your race, when you need a good combo of protein and carbs to refuel and rebuild. It is simple to make and really you can use any veggies you have on hand, if you are racing in the morning, make this the night before so it’s ready to eat the next day when you come home good and hungry.
Curried Quinoa Salad with Mango
makes 4 delicious servings
1 cup dry quinoa – rinsed well in a strainer
- 1/4 cup organic olive or sunflower oil
- 2 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp mango chutney
- 1 1/2 tsp curry powder
- 1/4 tsp dry mustard
- 1 large mango, peeled and diced, pit removed
- 1 English cucumber diced
- 1 yellow pepper diced
- about 12 cherry tomatoes cut in half
- 1/4 cup cilantro finely chopped
- 2 cups baby spinach
- In a medium pot bring 2 cups of water to a boil, add quinoa, reduce to low and simmer for 20 minutes. Remove from heat, fluff with a fork and let cool.
- Make Dressing; whisk together oil and next 4 ingredients and blend well, season with salt and pepper to taste.
- in a large bowl combine quinoa, veggies and dressing, toss well. Pile spinach into your salad bowl and top with the quinoa salad