Elation Yoga School
The Elation Yoga Teacher Training Program is recognized by Yoga Alliance, and comprises study in the areas of Yoga Asana Practice, Theory and Philosophy of Yoga, Integration of Yoga into your daily life. You will have the skills to teach Hatha Yoga, Vinyasa Yoga and Power Yoga.
We are the experts at leading a training based in solid foundation of yoga postures, imparting everyday yogic philosophy, and inspiring students to live an empowered life – taking your Yoga ‘off the mat’.
If teaching is your goal – by the end of your training you will be ready and confident to teach, you will have a solid understanding off all the fundamental postures that make up a Hatha Yoga and Vinyasa Yoga class and you will have expert training on how to sequence a class and weave in philosophy and pranayama techniques to inspire and uplift your students.
If your goal is to deepen your practice – our training will indeed take you deeper on your mat, helping you understand the nuances of the practice of Yoga and inspire you to take the gifts of Yoga into your daily life; you will feel more grounded, confident and empowered each and every day.
Pre-requisites: previous Yoga experience, but you do not have to be flexible
Your training includes physiology, anatomy, philosophy, teaching pranayama, practice teaching asana, assisting, designing classes, the business of Yoga, teaching to special populations such as prenatal yoga; you will be prepared and empowered to teach safe, inspiring and balanced classes.
Summer 2013 Intensive Training (updated dates as of April 1)
Training will take place in 2 x 12 day sessions.
- Session 1: Monday, July 22 – Friday, August 2, inclusive
- Session 2: Monday, August 12 – Friday, August 23, inclusive
- Monday-Friday 9:00am – 5:00pm
- Saturday 1:00pm- 5:00pm
- Sunday 10:30am – 4:30pm
- There is a 45-minute lunch break Mon – Fri
- Session 1: Building the Foundation – Principles of asana & pranayama, Philosophy, Anatomy 1, Subtle Body 1
- Session 2: Putting it Together: Anatomy 2, Subtle Body 2, Practice teaching, Oral Presentations, Business of Yoga, Creating Your Vision
Tuition Cost and Registration Dates:
- Early Bird: Pay in full by June 14 ($2800.00)
- Full Tuition: Pay in full by July 5 ($3000.00)
- Payment Plan: Full Payment of $3200, due as follows – $1000.00 deposit by June 14 + 2 more equal installments of $1100.00 due on July 19 and August 23
- Online Registration opens March 25, 2013
- Registration Closes July 12, 2013
- Questions: call 613-322-3068 or email email@example.com
Included in your tuition:
- 10 class studio pass, you are encouraged to attend a variety of classes with various teachers
- Detailed handouts for each component
- For a more detailed explanation of what is covered download this PDF Yoga Teacher Training Outline
Application and Registration:
- Download and complete YTT application summer 2013
- Email the completed form to firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 613-322-3068 to make an appointment drop it off at the studio
- You can complete payment by Registering Online, by calling us at 613-322-3068. We accept Visa, MC, Cheque or Cash
- Refunds are given up to 7 days prior to start date, with a $300.00 administration charge
- We offer a 10% discount for full time students, contact us for details
Self-Study and homework:
- Students need to purchase a journal and are expected to keep a journal throughout the training
- There will be 2-3 written tests during the training
- You will give presentations on Yoga philosophy and have multiple opportunities to teach in front of the class ranging from 20 minutes to 60 minutes
- All members will be given guidelines and the opportunity to follow a sattvic vegan diet for one week and record their experience
Books to purchase prior to training:
- Journal of your choosing
- One copy of the Yoga Sutras of Patanjali, any copy that catches your eye and you are attracted to. Some of our favourites are: Light on Yoga Sutras by B.K.S. Iyengar, The Secret Power of Yoga by Nischala Joy Devi, and The Path of the Yoga Sutras by Nicolai Bachman.
- The Key Muscles of Hatha Yoga by Ray Long; Bandha Yoga website link here with full book description. You can order this book online from Amazon.ca
Donna Davis (RYT 200) Founder Elation Centre. Involved in the health, wellness and fitness industry for most of her professional career, Donna is currently the producer and host of the popular show Yoga for Runners on Rogers TV, and Owner and President of Elation Centre Ltd., Ottawa’s premier Vinyasa Yoga and Lifestyle Studio, offering yoga, running and pure food nutritional programs. A teacher and yogini, athlete, coach and vegan chef, whose passion for healthy living is contagious; Donna’s dedication to educate and empower women to adopt a balanced approach to health continuously transforms lives.
Her many trainings include: Sports Nutrition Certification Training; Hatha Yoga Training with Yogi Vishvketu and Chetana Panwar; Ashtanga and Power Yoga Training with industry pioneers, Beryl Bender-Birch, David Swenson and Brian Kest; as well as national certifications in fitness and CORE Training. Donna was nominated for the Y-Women of Distinction Award for Active Living. She lives in Ottawa with her husband, John and her dog, Annie.
Caroline Elson (RYT 200, M. Ed. Counselling Psychology) a passionate yogini, she brings depth, joy and wisdom into her classes, to her students and into the lives around her. Her way of showing up in the world is embodied in the yoga philosophies and ideals she has been studying for the last 15 years. Her yoga trainings include Hatha, Ashtanga, Medical Buddha, Chakra and Yin Yoga, as well as Mindfulness Meditation and Reiki. Caroline is a natural teacher and healer, and brings with her the passion for growth and learning in body, mind and spirit. She has been teaching with Elation Centre founder, Donna Davis, for over 7 years offering strong physical classes, that allow the mind to let go and the spirit to integrate. As a Psychotherapist, Meditation teacher and Reiki master her students are enriched with a breadth and depth of wisdom.
“All of my teachings come from the heart, with me fully present and giving you the best of all the tools I have. All of my life experiences have brought me to this place and I look forward to meeting as our paths cross. Namaste.” – Caroline